Prepare your trip
MADRID APROACH TO DIVERSITY
Madrid is a city where tradition and modernity coexist in perfect harmony, which is why it is known around the world as the capital of charm and joyfulness. Our city is also recognised for being welcoming, friendly, open, peaceful and cosmopolitan. Visitors are captivated by its atmosphere, bustle and general exuberance, so, that anyone who spends some time in Madrid, finds it difficult to leave.
In the 18th Century King Charles III of Spain built the Puerta de Alcalá, gate to an hos- pitable and pleasant city. Since then, countless people from different regions of Spain, and over 195 different countries, have arrived here to make this city their home where nobody feels like a foreigner.
WORLPRIDE MADRID 2017 has consequently chosen a logo inspired by this historical monument, representing not only a welcome to the city, but also the gateway to the future, a symbol of unity and the possibility of sharing a project open to everyone, regard- less of colour, creed, condition, gender or age.
Madrid It is a city where you will find everything. Cutting-edge facilities, devoted professionals and modern infrastructures, allowing you to comply with the most demanding quality levels. Furthermore, you will find a booming culture, a thriving lifestyle, warm people and blue skies. Thanks to all this, WorldPride Madrid 2017 will surely be a unique experience.
- 106.260 hotel beds in 1.191 hotels in the City and Region
- 6.4 millions of inhabitants in the region of Madrid
- 89 museums
- 17.271 food and beverage establishments (restaurants, cafes, bars and discos)
- 154 direct flight destinations
- 300 metro stations
- 293 km underground transport network
- 15.600 taxis
- 7.536.000 tourists in the city
- 6 World Heritage Sites within 1 hour drive (Alcalá de Henares, Aranjuez, Ávila, El Escorial, Segovia and Toledo)
- 5.941,15 hectares of green area
- 622 metres altitude
- 2.710 hours of sunshine per year
- 25 5* Hoteles in the region
- 183 de 4* Hoteles in the region
- 131 de 3* Hoteles in the region